Mother Lode Christian School: Standing Against The Devil - Part 1

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Standing Against The Devil - Part 1

The concert had just ended when I was introduced to a young person from the audience. I was immediately struck by the fear in his eyes. I would say he was maybe thirteen years of age or so and he needed help. He pleaded with me to come to his house. So I asked him what the problem was. He began by saying that he had been to an Iron Maiden rock concert the night before. It was during his time there that he related experiencing various occult-like practices not the least of which was the conjuring up of demons from the stage. It was supposedly part of the "act." He had always thought nothing of it. To him it was only a show. That stuff wasn't real. Until he got home that night. He shared how he had gone to sleep only to be suddenly awakened later by some entity near the end of his bed. (I get chills even now as I'm writing this!) He described the being as huge and dark and oppressive. And it was reaching out for him, trying to grasp his leg. He pulled away yet it kept coming. It was then that he crashed into an electric fan sitting next to his bed. He hit it so hard that it broke in it's tumble to the floor. In final desperation, he told me that he cried out, "Jesus!" and that was all it took. (He had been to church in the past.) The entity departed as suddenly as it had arrived. Well, to say the least, I reluctantly decided to go to the young man's house. I can remember thinking to myself, "O Lord, if you've ever been with me, I need it to be now." Keep watching this blog for Part 2 to the story coming soon.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home