Mother Lode Christian School: Standing Against The Devil - Part 2

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Standing Against The Devil - Part 2

(If you haven't read Part 1, click here.) The young man's room was as dark as night. The blankets that hung over his windows did an excellent job of not letting any light in. His walls and ceiling were covered with posters - posters of rock groups. And he had just as many tapes (they're CDs nowadays!) to go along with the posters. At that point he asked me what he should do. He never again wanted to go through what he had gone through the night before. Ultimately, I wanted to pray. What else does one do in that situation? But before I prayed I told him that everything had to go. The posters, the tapes, everything. Even the blankets had to come down. If he was really serious, he needed to get right with God and give up everything that was not of Him. So he began to tear the posters down and throw the tapes into a box. It was a most humbling sight. These were this young person's treasures. He even took off the shirt he was wearing. On it was the name and picture of one of his favorite bands. He gave me everything. Before leaving, I prayed for him. I prayed for a cleansing to take place in his life and in that room. And I prayed against the enemy that he would not return. I left with at least two good-sized boxes of paraphernalia to discard. I quickly did in a nearby trash bin. ******* The devil. ******* He's not just a fantasy, my friends. He is very real. At this very moment he's plotting how he might destroy you. Do you realize that? Do you understand it?! Keep watching this blog for Part 3 to this series to come soon.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is probably the most crap I have ever heard in my life. Do you honestly thing rock is evil? I'm afraid classifying a genre of music as evil is pathetic and childish... hardly something a pastor should do. There are plenty of Christian rock groups.

April 26, 2007 at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home